* Please note that bookings for this course are now CLOSED. Stay tuned for upcoming dates!
Motherhood is an exciting time, but can leave us feeling tired and low on energy. As new mums, we can often feel weak in areas that were previously strong and we ache in areas we find difficult to relax.
This course is a wonderfully gentle way to establish a regular yoga practice, and will arm you with the awareness and confidence in your body to attend a general yoga class. In each class we focus on:
- Restoring stability in the pelvic floor
- Building strength and tone in the abdomen and lower back
- Postures to relieve tension in the upper body
- Modifications to common yoga poses
- Breathwork and relaxation techniques to calm the nervous system and relieve stress.
No yoga experience is necessary. Classes are suitable for babies from the age of 8 weeks to pre-crawling. Yes! Sometimes your baby will cry during class, and that's ok! You are encouraged to breastfeed, change, cuddle and comfort baby when needed, but we also understand that sometimes babies (and mums too) are just having a shitty day, and need to have a cry. Go for it babies. You and your mum are in a safe and supportive environment.
When: Wednesdays starting March 30, 11.30-12.30 pm, for five weeks.
Where: Illuminate Yoga Studio, 59 Mollison Street, Kyneton
Places are strictly limited to 8 students, ensuring you get the most out of your practice. Bookings are essential, and can be made here.